The first thing that comes to our mind when we hear the word Botox is needles! Isn’t it? So, does hair botox also mean needles on your scalp? Well, the answer is ‘no’. This treatment approach is nothing close to what is done for the skin.
Here is an anti-ageing hair treatment that helps rejuvenate damaged hair. Hair botox helps in deep conditioning hair to make them frizz-free. Hence, useful in the monsoon season when humidity, damage, and frizz take a toll on the well-being of our hair. The treatment is a mix of proteins, peptides, amino acids, vitamins, vitamin B5, collagen compounds, and lipids applied to fill the hair.
Efficacy of botox for hair
Hair botox can be beneficial to address issues such as split ends, hair breakage, dull and dry hair, damaged hair, and frizzy hair. It replenishes the hair fiber, repairs damaged hair adds volume to hair, and facilitates hair straightening. It is suitable for all hair types and hydrates and strengthens the hair.
A step-by-step guide!
Getting your mind ready for a hair botox treatment? Here is a brief guide to the treatment:
Step 1: This is a preparatory step for the process that ensues. The hair is washed thoroughly to remove excess dirt and any product residual or oil covering the scalp. It is important to note that conditioner is not applied after the wash to open hair cuticles for better absorption of the treatment.
Step 2: The hair is dried properly and botox treatment is applied and left on for at least 45 minutes to an hour. The treatment is applied to cover every part of your hair length and the ends.
Step 3: Lastly, the hair expert giving you this treatment, use a heat tool to seal in the treatment. And there you are!…with smooth, hydrated, and rejuvenated hair.
Post hair botoxcare
Well, it does not all end at the salon with this one sitting. Here are a few ways to take care of your botox hair:
- Use a sulfate-free, silicone-free, and paraben-free hair cleanser and use a conditioner to avoid dryness.
- Apply a hydrating mask from the roots to tips once a week to keep dryness at bay.
- The harmful rays from the sun and the pollution outside tend to affect the quality of our hair negatively. It is advised to cover your hair with a scarf while stepping out, especially in harsh weather conditions.
- Reducing the frequency of heat styling can help protect the texture and quality of hair. It is advised to use a heat protectant spray before heat styling to reduce the damage.
- Depending on the hair type, damage and after consulting with the hair expert, know how many sessions your hair needs, its impact on your hair, and the duration between the sessions and follow through.
If you are looking for a solution for nourishing and smoothening your hair, botox hair treatment is the way to go about it. Rush to your nearest JCB Salon, and you will gift yourself with the best results.