The holiday season is finally upon us!
From family dinners and game nights to holiday cocktail parties, all our calendars are jam packed with events for the year-end holiday season. Between decorating your house, wrapping up all the office work, and baking those delicious rum cakes, would you have the time to primp your hair?
Not being able to visit the salon due to a hectic schedule cannot be used as an excuse for looking unglamorous when there is a host of easy hairstyles you can try at home. Christmas and new years are the best time to experiment with bold and ethereal hair do’s.
We have created a guide of festive hairstyles that will get you through this season. These are easy to create but have salon-ready feels. Go, try them, now!
Classy beach waves
Imagine yourself in a nice red dress, with a sultry red lip colour and flawless beach waves. Yes, you would look dreamy! Beach waves hairstyle is the yummy cocktail of party hairstyles. It is timeless, pretty and goes with all kinds of outfits and can be worn for all the possible holiday events you can imagine. If you have a hair colour, the waves look all the more stunning. You can use a hot roller, flat iron, curling iron and a blow dryer to get this look.
Styling using a flat iron:
- For preparation, start off by using some dry shampoo as it will give volume to the hair.
- Divide the hair into sections.
- Take one section, wrap it around the barrel of the flat iron and start twisting the hair around it.
- Hold it for a few seconds and gently uncoil.
Taking a leaf out of Meghan Markel’s bun hairstyles, a messy, voluminous bun looks stunning and elegant. It can be sported with both casual and formal dresses and is a low-effort hairstyle perfect for days when you are running late for a party. All you need are a few pins, a hairband and 10 minutes to create this hairstyle.
How to style it?
- Gather hair into a high or a low ponytail.
- Twist the hair and wrap them along the base of your ponytail to create a bun.
- Secure it with a hair tie or a sleek hairband and a few bobby pins.
- Pull out sections from the end to loosen the bun and give it a messy texture.
- For the grand finale, use a Moroccanoil spray from JCB Salon to keep the sexy, messy bun in place.
A festive twist
Maddy’s rhinestone hair look in Euphoria is a vibe. It is time to embrace hair accessories – pearl pins, glittery clips and dazzling headbands. Even the simplest, sophisticated accessory can embellish the most basic hairstyle. Also, these can be worn with any length and texture of hair.
How to style it?
- Single or multiple twists with twisted strands tied together with accessories is a perfect holiday hairstyle.
- You can also use stylish hairclips with a sleek middle parting for longer hair and a deep side parting for shorter hair.
Ponytails will never go out of style. They are stylish, super easy, slick, and give you a heavenly facelift. It accentuates your cheekbones, is one of the easiest hairstyles to pull off and there are about a zillion variations to it – classic, messy, wavy, sleek, tight, loose, high or low.
To style this look start by brushing your hair to remove all the knots, gather it to the back, and tie it into a tight ponytail (high or low). You can upgrade a simple ponytail into a style statement hairstyle by using pearl accessories, hair sprays, gels, and much more. You can also incorporate a faux ponytail for volume or use strands of your hair to conceal the elastic band.
A traditional blowout
A hairstyle trend that can never die is a nice, bouncy, shiny blowout.
How to style it?
- Properly shampoo and condition your hair.
- Dry the hair and detangle your locks.
- Apply a heat protectant.
- Use a blow dryer to rough dry your hair until it is about 70 percent dry.
- Use a good brush and start blow drying from the roots of the hair all the way to the ends.
- Finally, use a hair spray to secure the hairstyle and you are good to go.
Here’s to hoping for a glamorous perfect hairstyle at home, and if you still need some help, sneak out to your nearest JCB Salon!