A healthy, lustrous mane is one of the most attractive features that adds to beauty quotient. That makes hair care a vital part of the beauty regime. While genetics play a role, knowing the best tips for healthy hair can give you the hair confidence that you need.
Check out these healthy hair tips that are not just easy but also give great results. Compliments being one of them!
1.Nourish the scalp
Hair beauty is scalp-deep. Apart from choosing best hair products, it is important to follow healthy scalp tips that begin with nourishment.
Firstly ,using warm oil such as coconut, almond or alive oil to massage the scalp in circular motions helps to stimulate the flow of blood that leads to stronger hair. A hair serum can also revitalize hair that leads to good hair growth. While there are a variety of hair products available from masks, oils and serums, natural ingredients like avocado, banana, yoghurt, eggs, aloe vera gel, amla, reetha and shikakaiare great to make hair treatment masks especially for dry scalp treatment in the comfort of your own home. They deep condition the hair and leave it hydrated, soft and nourished. Protein treatment for hair also works miraculously to rejuvenate damaged hair. If you are planning to visit a salon make sure you’re using the best products for your hair to maximise the treatments you get at your salon. Ask your hairdresser about your hair type and hair needs and accordingly go for best hair treatment.
2. Follow a healthy hair diet
It is no secret that strong and healthy hair are rooted in a healthy diet.
Since hair is primarily made up of protein, so be sure to include protein in your daily intake. Choose from lean meat, poultry, fish, beans, low-fat dairy products, eggs. Inadequate protein can result in a host of hair problems like hair loss and dry, brittle hair.
Omega-3 fatty acids
Taking adequate Omega-3 fatty acids may stimulate your hair follicles and sebaceous glands, leading to a healthy scalp. Omega-3 fatty acids are found in cold-water fish, such as salmon, sardines, and herring, flax seed, yogurt, cottage cheese, salad, cereal. Apart from this, eating a diet rich with fresh fruits, vegetables and salads ensures healthy hair growth
Drinking adequate water is among the known tips for healthy skin and hair.
3. Choose the right shampoo
‘One shampoo fits all’ is the first myth to bust. Second is busting the belief that expensive hair products will necessarily give your healthy hair.
Knowing your hair type and texture: dry, frizzy, normal, oily etc is the first step towards choosing the right shampoo that will benefit your hair. Whatever the hair type, choose one that suits your hair and tackles your specific hair issues. Keeping your scalp clean at all times is a great key to strong, healthy hair.
4. Condition well
Conditioning after shampooing is an important step in keeping your hair soft, shiny, and frizz-free. Choose as per your need. After shampoo, massage your hair lengths with condition and comb it through for even distribution. Leave it in your hair for two to three minutes before rinsing out.
5. Get your beauty sleep
They say, getting adequate sleep not only impacts overall health but is the hottest beauty tip: for healthy skin and hair. Let go of frequent late nights, tuck in early, get your 8 hours of sleep daily and voila! Wake up to good hair days.
6. Destress for gorgeous tresses
Keeping your stress levels low not only ensures a healthy body but also gives you glowing, healthy skin and hair. Try relaxation exercises like yoga and meditation to keep stress at bay. The side-effect is beauty for all to see!
7. Healthy hair hacks
- For glossy, shiny hair, rinse with apple cider vinegar
- Avoid over-washing hair. Choose the frequency that works best for your hair, though men opt for daily hair-wash. However experts recommend 2-3 times a week as healthy hair tips.
- Opt for lukewarm showers. Hot water strips the hair of the natural oils, making hair prone to frizz and dryness.
- Reduce frizz by sleeping on pillowcases made of satin or silk.
- Avoid over-consumption of alcohol and crash-diets
- Protect your hair from chlorine. Always use conditioner before getting into the pool. Wear a swimming cap at all times. Men often let go of this healthy hair tip.
- Wet hair is prone to breakage- avoid combing through wet hair
- Allow your hair to air dry whenever possible.
- While blow drying, choose the lowest heat setting
- Avoid tight hair accessories like pins and clips
- Get your hair cut regularly every 10 to 12 weeks to keep hair healthy and prevent split ends.